Portland is the place to be in winter!
These school holidays, if you happen to spot a southern right whale making its way through the wintery seas along Glenelg’s stunning coastline, you can go in the running to win a wintery weekend in the historic coastal city of Portland and the rights to name one of these magnificent mammals.
One lucky spotter will win the opportunity to name a whale recently spotted in Portland for the first time with distinctive white markings on its back, which is part of the South East Australian Southern Right Whale Photo Identification Catalogue (SEA SRW PIC) Project.
The winner will also receive a luxury whale watching weekend for two in Portland, including:
If you see a whale around Portland, simply keep scrolling and log your sighting below along with your name and email address. Competition opens 9am (AEST) 28 June 2022 and closes 5pm (AEST) 29 July 2022.
1. The competition commences on Tuesday 28th June and concludes on Friday 29th of July. Only entries submitted within this date range will be accepted.
2. The prize winner will be picked at random.
3. The prizes listed cannot be exchanged for cash.
4. No late entrants will be eligible to enter the competition.
5. Entry into this competition means that the entrant accepts that they meet the entry requirements and accept these terms and conditions.
6. The prize must be redeemed within 4 months of allocation (bookings cannot be made on public holidays).
7. The giveaway cannot be used in conjunction with any other discount or offer.
Sign up to get the latest deals, tours & events along the Great Ocean Road
Great Ocean Road Regional Tourism acknowledges the Traditional Custodians of the Great Ocean Road region the Wadawurrung, Eastern Maar & Gunditjmara. We pay our respects to their Elders, past, present and emerging. We recognise and respect their unique cultural heritage and the connection to their traditional lands. We commit to building genuine and lasting partnerships that recognise, embrace and support the spirit of reconciliation, working towards self-determination, equity of outcomes and an equal voice for Australia’s first people.